1) Where are you from and where did you attend undergrad?
I am from El Paso, Texas and I went to Barrett, the honors colleg at ASU.
2) What brought you to law school and what do you want to do with your degree?
I grew up around criminal defense lawyers (mom, godmother, godfather, etc.) and I’ve pretty much always known that’s what I want to do with my life. I’d like to go into private practice or work at a public defender’s office.
3) Family life/hobbies/activities outside of school?
I have three dogs (a Miniature American Eskimo, a Chihuahua/Terrier mix, and a Chihuahua/Pomeranian? mix) and I am probably going to be getting two more soon (a German Shepherd and a Bernese Mountain Dog). My dogs are a big part of my life outside of law school. I have a younger sister in El Paso that I’m really close to and see a couple of times a month.
4) What was your favorite memory of 1L year?
Going for cheese fries at the Vine with friends after we got out of finals.
5) Tell us something about yourself that we otherwise wouldn’t guess.
Most people already know that I own a wide variety of exotic animals. My other big hobby is photography. I love taking lots of pictures and then going back through them to find the really good pictures and making them better with editing.